NO MORE!! Please….NO MORE!!
If there is one sure fire way to gain greater business productivity this year it is to have greater quality time for all employees to do their jobs effectively within a sensible timeframe, allowing a suitable balance between home and work.
There are no immediate plans for anyone to increase the day beyond 24 hours and so we need to look for alternative solutions.
With that in mind, it’s time for us to draw a line in the sand, take a collective stand and say NO MORE!
For any business that wants to deliver their financial goals this year, “NO MORE” is something which could be a key observation for us to reflect on for the remaining 49 weeks.
We have a world of constant change, with employees trying to balance:
- Faster change than at any time in history
- Increased global competition
- 24/7 connectivity
- Diverse needs of more generations in the workplace than ever before
- Greater customer expectations
- Social Media proliferation
- Etc, etc
The challenge for productivity is there and that’s why NO MORE is an important thought for us to consider. That is…
No Meetings Overkill Reducing Effectiveness
Stop for a moment to think how much of your working week is spent in meetings?
The time itself is not a problem if the meetings are productive. They can be a valuable way to drive synergy, team work, innovation, creativity and solutions with enhanced communication.
So while meetings can be great, meetings overkill isn’t – too many ineffective meetings will reduce business productivity.
To make sure you’re running effective meetings and NO MORE, consider these points for each get together:
- Is this meeting even necessary?
- Who really needs to be there?
- Are all attendees clear of the purpose?
- Has an agenda with objectives and expectations been circulated in advance?
- Can the meeting be run effectively in a shorter time frame?
- How will you stick to time and stay on track?
- Can attendees really not survive the meeting without checking phones or computers?
Once you have these basics considered, teamwork can be one of the greatest assets a business can have. How will you get the most out of your team?
Whatever your team development objectives, Unchain Potential can help you to create greater synergy and effectiveness to drive faster results!